Fantastic Friday and Welcome to Rosemary’s Rubies!
With the freezing temperatures we’ve had this week, it’s hard to believe that Spring is around the corner. Don’t forget to “Spring” forward 1 Hour this Sunday!
Keller Williams is asking each market center to implement a “Mock Disaster Drill” in the upcoming weeks. We want to be prepared in case of a real emergency or natural disaster so we will have mock drills periodically. Once we receive notification from KWRI, you could receive a text, email, phone call and/or Facebook notification so you can mark yourself “safe”. We are testing our disaster relief plan to be sure we can contact each of our agents to check on your welfare so please let us know you are safe as quickly as possible. Thank you for your cooperation!
Changes coming to Home Tour. Beginning March 12th, the split between the low category and high category for Home of the Week will be moved from $400,000 to $500,000.
Sponsored By: John Esau (Lawrence, KS)
Agent Tip of the Week!
Tax Year 2019: What’s New From the IRS?
Tax law changes are nothing new – but when they occur, you want to be in the know. The IRS has announced the following projected changes for this tax year:
- Standard deduction – If you’re married filing jointly, your standard deduction rises to $24,400, up$400 from 2018. If you’re a single taxpayer or married filing separately, the standard deduction is $200 higher at $12,200. If you file as a head of household, your standard deduction is $18,350, up $350.
- Personal exemption – The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act suspended the personal exemption.
- Tax brackets – The following are adjusted for inflation:
- Source: taxfoundation.org
- Retirement account contribution limits –These have risen $500 from 2018. Your total contributions to all of your traditional and Roth IRAs cannot be more than $6,000 ($7,000 if you’re age 50 or older) or your taxable compensation for the year, if your compensation was less than this dollar limit.
- Itemized deductions – The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act changed the rules on these. Check with your tax professional for details.
- Alternative Minimum Tax (AMT) – For unmarried individuals, the exemption amount rises to $71,700 and begins to phase out at $510,300. For married couples filing jointly, the exemption amount is $111,700, and the exemption begins to phase out at $1,020,600.
- Estate tax exclusion – The basic amount rises to $11,400,000, up from a total of $11,180,000 for estates of decedents who died in 2018.
- Gift tax exclusion – The $15,000 amount remains the same as it was in 2018.
For more information on these and other tax law changes, visit irs.gov.
Tech Tip of the Week
EXCITING NEWS AHEAD!
This week’s tech tip is to keep an eye out for TWO NEW TECH SERIES!
One is a much needed, long awaited, Social Media series that will bring you the information that you need to build your online presence.
Two is Becoming A Tech Enabled Agent series that will walk you through the process of moving from your current system (whatever it is) to Command & Kelle on the Keller Cloud.
Don’t miss these two downloads that Advertisemint created that are very helpful for your Facebook Ads.
MARCH MADNESS IS UPON US!!!
Annual KW Metro North Cares Fundraiser
You should have received an invitation through CBS Sports to join our Annual March Madness NCAA Basketball Pool! It’s a 50/50 pool with 50% of what we collect going to benefit KW Metro North Cares and 50% going to the final winner. Join the fun!
Your first bracket in your name is $20
Second bracket is an additional $15…
Third bracket & beyond is $10 for each one.
Please turn your $$ in to Jeri – checks to KW Metro North Cares!
What’s Going on in Your Market Center?
Come and See What Topics our Leaders Discuss for our Market Center!
More Training Events This Week!
Monday, March 11th ~ 1:00-2:00 ~ Command and Kelle: Overview and Setup Livestream
Monday, March 11th ~ 3:00-4:00 ~ 9 Steps to Transition Your Business to Command Livesteam
Tuesday, March 12th ~ 1:00-2:00 ~ 7 Steps to Launch Your Neighborhood Lead Gen in Command Livestream
Tuesday, March 12th ~ 3:00-4:00 ~ Contacts: Overview, Setup, and Import Livestream
Tuesday, March 12th ~ 3:00-4:00 ~ Tech Essentials ~ Tammy Bunk
Wednesday, March 13th ~ 1:00-2:00 ~ Contacts: Overview, Setup, and Import Livestream
Wednesday, March 13th ~ 3:00-4:00 ~ Contacts: Overview, Setup, and Import Livestream
Thursday, March 14th ~ 8:30-9:00 ~ Script Practice ~ Kimberly Windle
Thursday, March 14th ~ 11:00-12:00 ~ Command: Opportunities – Making $$ in KWCommand ~ Tammy Bunk
Thursday, March 14th ~ 1:00-4:00 ~ Tech and New Agent Orientation* ~ Rosemary Croney and Tammy Bunk
*Join Rosemary and Tammy for tech tips and an overview of Policies & Procedures. Not just for new agents.
Thursday, March 14th ~ 3:00-4:00 ~ 9 Steps to Transition Your Business to Command Livestream
Friday, March 15th ~ 1:00-2:00 ~ 9 Steps to Transition Your Business to Command Livestream
Friday, March 15th ~ 3:00-4:00 ~ Latest in Labs Livestream
Save the Dates!
March 21st and April 3rd!
Please sign up via the intranet!
Also March 28th!
Also April 2nd!
Congratulations to Our Newest Cappers!