Fantastic Friday and Welcome to Rosemary’s Rubies!
Jeri has been working on your 1099s and they will be mailed out by the end of the month for your 2018 tax returns. If you moved or have a new address and did not provide to the office, then your 1099 may be delayed or not delivered. Please notify us as soon as possible with any address changes.
Please turn in your signed Independent Contractor Agreement if you have not done so. I have sent many notices out about this for the past several months and it is imperative that every licensed agent sign our new Independent Contractor Agreement. If you need me to send you another copy, please let me know. You can return to me via email, Dotloop or in person. Megan also has copies at the front desk for your convenience.
If you already signed it, then you are good and no further action is needed. If you have not signed it, we will unfortunately start imposing a fine as this is required by our Broker and must be signed by all licensees. Thank you!
Agent Tip of the Week!
Here are some common deductions from TAR for REALTORS® to get started:
- Vehicle mileage or expenses: Make all that time in the car meeting clients and driving from property to property work for you. There are two ways to handle vehicle deductions: taking the standard per-mile deduction or deducting actual vehicle-related expenses. Determining which one is best for you can depend on how many miles you drive and what you drive.
- Marketing and advertising: Both of these can be significant line items for REALTORS®. Don’t forget to deduct the design and production costs of advertisements along with the costs to place them.
- Meals and entertaining: You can deduct 50% of meals if you are traveling on business or if you are dining with clients or industry professionals for business purposes. Refreshments and food at an event open to the general public, like a well-advertised open house, is 100% deductible.
- Where you work: Do you have a home office or pay for a desk or office at KW? You can deduct costs associated with one of those, but not both. The home office deduction has a simple version and an option that allows for deducting all related costs, and again, determining which is best for you will take some investigating. Don’t forget that your office supplies are often deductible.
- Professional development and travel: Did you attend KW Family Reunion or Mega Camp last year? If so, the travel to conventions and the costs of any CE you take while there are good examples of potential deductions.
- Memberships, licenses, fees, and insurance: The cost of your REALTOR® membership is largely deductible—minus the part that’s used for political activities, which is noted on your invoice. Any licensing fees, business insurance, and E&O insurance are also deductible.
- Software and business tools: If you use software such as a customer relationship manager (CRM) or other business tools to manage your business, those costs are deductible. Even the cost of a program like TaxBot,https://www.texasrealestate.com/members/member-benefits/alphabetical-list-of-benefits/taxbot/, a TAR member benefit that helps you turn expenses into deductions, can be deducted.
Make sure to check with a tax professional when making business deductions as many of these deductions have complex rules and involve keeping detailed records.
Income Tax Deadlines in 2019
Information on Critical Tax Deadlines for the 2018 Tax Year
The official deadline to file your federal income tax return each year can be shifty. April 15 falls on a Monday and it’s not a holiday, so the filing deadline for your 2018 tax return is indeed April 15 in 2019. You have until October 15, 2019 if you file a request for an extension on or before that date.
If you or your immediate family have been affected by the government shutdown, please let me know. We want to help our own if there are any needs in our market center.
Sponsored By: Wes Griffin (Ft. Worth)
Sponsored By: Heather Shimala
Cindy Morales Moore
Sponsored By: Stacey Buettner
Sponsored By: Venus Mendoza
Jeff Van Kalker
Sponsored By: Dan Bresnahan
Sponsored By: Craig Allen
Sponsored By: Venus Mendoza
Tech Tip of the Week
One Bite At A Time Updates
Join me each week for an activity that will help you take bite-sized steps
toward our upcoming KW Technology!
If you have not already done so:
- Grow in your usage of Kelle
- Watch these 4 live streams either live or a recorded version.
- Part 1 Take Command: Setup for Success http://www.kwconnect.com/details/take-command-setup-for-success-01-16-2018
- Part 1 Q & A http://www.kwconnect.com/details/take-command-setup-for-success-q-and-a-14
- Part 2 Take Command: Prep to Get Paid http://www.kwconnect.com/details/take-command-prep-to-get-paid-01-23-2019
- Part 2 Q & A http://www.kwconnect.com/details/take-command-prep-to-get-paid-q-a-01-24-2019
- Make sure you update your Kelle app to the latest version
- Occasionally clear your browser cache to make sure you are seeing all of the latest updates.
How to Clear Browser Cache and Cookies
Chrome Browser – Link to instructions
Safari Browser – Link to instructions
Opera Browser – Link to instructions
Microsoft Edge Browser – Link to instructions
What’s Going on in Your Market Center?
C O R E MENTORSHIP ORIENTATION
(Creating Outstanding Realtors For Excellence)
1/28/2018 at 1:00 PM
Creating Outstanding Realtors for Excellence – is a fast track program to provide agents with the foundation needed to launch their business, and get off to a fast, exciting start in real estate!
This 90 minute orientation class covers how, what, when and where details necessary to get your Real Estate business started with Dallas Metro North. You will be introduced to “Path to Success”. Path to Success is your first 100 days business guide.
Stacey Reynolds, Productivity Coach, facilitates this class and program. If you have questions about the CORE program, Stacey’s email is firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you want to build your profit share tree, this is also an excellent recruiting tool for you so come & check it out!
Come join us in the Bistro for Wine, Beer, Snacks, and great conversation!
More Training Events This Week!
Monday, January 28th ~ 12:00-1:00 ~ One Bite at a Time: KW Command Overview ~ Tammy Bunk
Monday, January 28th ~ 1:00-2:30 ~ M.O.V.E. Powered by Never Ending Referrals ~ Stacey Buettner
Tuesday, January 29th ~ 11:00-12:30 ~ All About Listings with Broker Anne ~ Anne Lakusta
Tuesday, January 29th ~ 2:30-3:30 ~ Take Command: Designs Livestream
Tuesday, January 29th ~ 7:30-8:30 ~ CORE Webinar ~ Stacey Reynolds
Wednesday, January 30th ~ 8:30-4:30 ~ BOLD STEP 2
Wednesday, January 30th ~ 1:00-2:30 ~ CORE Level 1 ~ Stacey Reynolds
Wednesday, January 30th ~ 2:00-4:00 ~ Tech Review ~ Tammy Bunk
Wednesday, January 30th ~ 2:30-3:30 ~ Take Command: Designs Livestream
Thursday, January 31st ~ 11:30-12:30 ~ Core Level 2 ~ Stacey Reynolds
Thursday, January 31st ~ 1:00-4:00 ~ Tech and New Agent Orientation* ~ Rosemary Croney and Tammy Bunk
*Join Rosemary and Tammy for tech tips and an overview of Policies & Procedures. Not just for new agents.
Thursday, January 31st ~ 2:30-3:30 ~ Take Command: Designs Q & A Livestream
Thursday, January 31st ~ 3:00-4:00 ~ Tech Essentials ~ Tammy Bunk
Friday, February 1st ~ 10:00-2:00 ~ Short Sales ~ Charles Nuber
Save the Dates!
Starting February 27!
March and April!
Jeff Van Kalker