Fantastic Friday and Welcome to Rosemary’s Rubies!
Red Week 2018 is now in the books! A special shout out to Chris Gillespy, Stacey Reynolds and Tammy Hardy for their leadership this week. Our Red Week Committee served tirelessly and represented us well. Thank you to everyone that took time out of their busy schedules to volunteer and work within our communities. Hearts for Homes and Keller Williams DMN made a difference in the lives of these elderly people. “Give Where You Live” has heart!!!!!
Agents who took BOLD:
- Increased written units by 50%, sold units by 50% and GCI by 114%.
- Averaged 14.22 contracts in a seven-week period.
- With 4 – 6 years’ experience averaged 44% more written units, 41%more sold units, and 35% more GCI than those not in BOLD.
- With $40K to $50K GCI had 78% more units written, 62% more closed units, and 130% increased GCI than before attending the BOLD program.
Sign up at the discounted rate of $799 USD for the full BOLD experience.
FREE FIRST STEP TO BOLD:
WHOLE BOLD EXPERIENCE:
Sponsored By: Carrie Alexander
Sponsored By: Ken Stephens
Sponsored By: Missy Phipps
TREC Notice!! May 7th Meeting Results
TREC met on May 7th regarding several issues one of which was the use of the term “realty” as part of team names. TREC has proposed removing the term “realty” and this proposal will be posted in an upcoming Texas Register. The public will have 30 days to comment and the earliest this change could be adopted is at TREC’s August meeting.
Agent Tip of the Week!
What’s in a Name? Advertising Name Types under TREC Rule 535.154
Broker Assumed Business Name (DBA) is another name for the broker’s business that can be used by all sponsored sales agents and brokers associated with this broker. Another name that indicates a broker’s line of business, e.g. property management or commercial is also a DBA.
Team Name is a name used only by a team or group of one or more sponsored sales agents or brokers associated with this broker. Team names must end in “team” or “group” and cannot contain the words “brokerage”, “company”, or “associates” or other similar terms.
Alternate Name is a name used by an individual license holder other than the name on the individual’s license, such as a middle name, married name, maiden name or nickname.
Fun Facts to Know:
- You must have the legal authority to use an assumed business name in the State of Texas before you can register the name with TREC.
- An individual broker can have an assumed business name.
- There is no provision under TREC Rules for a sales agent to have an individual assumed business name or “brand name”– any such name falls under the definition of team name and must meet those requirements.
- Nothing in TREC Rules prohibits a broker from using the word “team” or “group” anywhere in a broker’s licensed or assumed business name.
- A name used by an associated broker working under another broker that is not the associated broker’s licensed name must be a team name or alternate name.
- All three name types must be registered with TREC BEFORE you start to use them in advertisements.
Tammy’s Tech Tip!
Have you updated to the new compliance specs? Time to do so now as they go into effect on May 15th.
Check out the information on the tech page that is there to help you!
Go to: www.kwmetronorthtech.com and select on “Tech Videos & Resources” on the top menu. Many resources on that page for you! Don’t see what you need? Email me at TammyBunk@kw.com
Also, keep in mind many of you may have public facing sites and items to update that you may not immediately think about. Check out the list I have provided on the “Compliance Class Handout” (find it on the tech page listed above).
One of the “housekeeping” items involved in this is to disable your eAgentC website, if you are not using it. It was a website used some time ago for our agents, and only a few of you probably still use it. If you are not using it, the best thing to do is to disable it so you do not have to add the required TREC information. See directions below on how to disable it and make sure your correct website in is the designated spot.
Broker Contract Training
What’s Going on in Your Market Center?
Partner Agent Meeting!
Come and see what’s going on in your Market Center! Everyone is invited and Lunch is Provided!
More Training Events Next Week!
Monday, May 14th ~ 1:00-1:30 ~ CGI Call
Tuesday, May 15th ~ 2:00-4:00 ~ You Deserve Your Commission ~ Anne Lakusta
Thursday, May 17th ~ 1:00-2:30 ~ Everything You EVER Want to Know About Listings ~ Kris Wise
Thursday, May 17th ~ 9:00-12:00 ~ Tech and New Agent Orientation* ~ Rosemary Croney and Tammy Bunk
*Join Rosemary and Tammy for tech tips and an overview of Policies & Procedures. Not just for new agents.
Friday, May 18th ~ 2:00-4:00 ~ Technology Genius Bar ~ Tammy Bunk
Save the Date!