Fantastic Friday and Welcome to Rosemary’s Rubies!
Welcome June 2017 and Summer Vacations! Most schools are out for the Summer which means children are playing throughout the cities and neighborhoods. Please be on the lookout for children and be extra careful when out and about. June is National Safety Month and what better reason to send important safety information to your data base and clients. Observed annually in June, National Safety Month focuses on reducing leading causes of injury and death at work, on the roads and in our homes and communities. There are safety topics and free safety materials from the National Safety Council. Check out their website:
Jenn De Haven
Sponsored by Toni Nomura
Sponsored by Anne Lakusta
Sponsored by Sunny Darden
Sponsored by Missy Phipps
Sponsored by Carol Thompson (Plano)
Agent Tip of the Week!
Since Anne is having her Listings Clinic tomorrow morning at 9:00 a.m., she will be providing some useful scripts that everyone can use in today’s market. I want to share a few tips that I have read for successful scripts:
1. Answer questions…with questions. “Do you think your home will sell for the same price no matter which agent you select?” This usually gets the seller to re-think everything, because they’ve never really thought about it and great scripting always, without exception, ends with a question, never a statement.
2. Check your “commission breath”. “Commission breath” is a no-no when approaching prospective clients. You can smell it a mile off that somebody doesn’t care about you and just wants to get a commission. Don’t be that person! People won’t care what you know until they know that you care. Look for the green flags not the red flags. Make sure you’re listening to them and helping them as you would want to help a family member. Also, body language is key to conveying that sense of care.
3. Isolate objections. Objections generally have nothing to do with you and everything to do with the client. “Other than that concern, is there any other reason why you wouldn’t want to sign this Agreement?” You should isolate the objection and take it out of the equation. Remind them that they can back out any time if they are no longer happy with your services…you know you’re going to wow them.
4. Keep the Pop Tarts in the toaster. How many times have you been burned by being a “pop tart” agent? A pop tart agent is referring to the agents who immediately respond to requests for showings without taking the time to acquaint themselves-and, worse, sign a Buyer Agreement-with potential clients. Always meet the prospective clients to do a wants and need analysis and set expectations…it’s important to understand what it is they’re desiring to accomplish and what they’re looking for.
5. Play the “stealth inventory” card. Expireds and FSBOs can be a dead-end with the wrong script. The “stealth inventory” approach is one way to win those listings. When you call, you should ask if the house is still on the market. If so, you should introduce yourself as a local Realtor and let them know that you are looking for “stealth inventory” out there. When they ask what is “stealth inventory”, you will explain that it is those houses that fly under the radar, like a stealth fighter bomber that nobody can see them in the MLS even though they’re still available for sale. We want to make sure that our buyer clients know about everything available on the market.
SCRIPTS, ULTIMATELY, ARE ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT TOOLS IN YOUR ARSENAL. PLEASE SHOW UP FOR ANNE’S CLINIC TOMORROW FROM 9:00 – 9:30 AM TO RECEIVE MORE SCRIPTS AND DIALOGUE. YOU WILL OPEN YOURSELF AND YOUR REAL ESTATE BUSINESS UP TO OPPORTUNITIES THAT MAY HAVE BEEN CLOSED OFF BY INEFFECTIVE DIALOGUE.
What’s Going on in Your Market Center This Week?
GET LISTINGS NOW IS THIS SATURDAY, JUNE 3RD!
Join Anne for a Get Listings Now Clinic on 6/3/17!!!
9:00 – 9:30 AM
She will be offering great scripts, listing conversations and DOOR HANGERS.
Coffee and donuts provided!
MORE TRAINING EVENTS THIS WEEK!
Tuesday, June 6th 2017 ~ 1:00-1:45 ~ Mastering Your Memory ~ Hannah Tullous
Thursday, June 8th 2017 ~ 11:00-12:00 ~ Economic Forecast With Anne~ Anne Lakusta
Thursday, June 8th 2017 ~ 1:30-3:00 ~ The Mobile Agent ~ Sarah Bordelon
Friday, June 9th 2017 ~ 9:00-12:00 ~ Tech and Agent Orientation*
*Join Sarah and Rosemary for tech tips and an overview of Policies & Procedures. Not just for new agents.
ALWAYS CHECK THE INTRANET TRAINING CALENDAR FOR LAST MINUTE CHANGES!
CE Contract Class at GLAR!
SAVE THE DATE!
Save the Date!
Check Out This Week’s Treasure Chest!
Located at the Front Lobby Desk!
Congratulations to Our Newest Cappers!