RED Day was yesterday and we had another incredible event. Thank you to our agents, staff and deserving committee for their hard work, organization and participation to make this a SUCCESS! A special shout out to the following agents that served on our RED Day Committee:
Beth Brake, AnnMarie Eidmann, Chris Gillespy, Kirsten Grammens, Rachel Jorgenson, Jena Masterson, Berek McEwen, Stacey Reynolds, Lisa Vesterman and Glenda Talley
Due to our agents and committee’s efforts, our office participants built 29 bicycles that were distributed through Valley Creek Church for local children in need, made 55 blankets, 200+ care boxes for our military and donated 41 pints of blood. 41 pints X 3 lives saved = 123 patients saved by Keller Williams Dallas Metro North donors! BRAVO! I call that a BIG RED DAY SUCCESS!!!!!
I want to also thank our Vendor Partners for keeping us well fed and hydrated. They also participated in our community service projects:
Fix’d Home Warranty
Sponsored by Jay Marks
Sponsored by Martin Johnson
Sponsored by Julie Beauchot
Sponsored by Kimberly Windle
LEE ANN ROWE
Sponsored by Bryan Hendricks
AGENT TIPS OF THE WEEK!
I know many of you are getting recruited by other brokerages. I, too, get recruiting calls and emails on a consistent basis. I read some valuable information from REBAC to consider whether you are recruiting or being recruited. Here are a few good reasons to consider:
1. MAXED OUT – Have you learned everything you can from your brokerage, coaches and co-agents? Is your office keeping up with the current times? If your personal and professional development have stalled out, it may be time to consider other possibilities.
2. EXTERNAL FACTORS – Are you having a bad year because general conditions are rough or are you focused on an unproductive segment of the market? Your broker can’t control the market, but they may be able to share perspectives that will help you pivot business in a more productive direction.
3. COSTS/COMMISSIONS – Before switching brokerages to reduce costs or increase your commission rate, be sure to consider all the factors that impact your bottom line. For example, if you’re offered a reduced commission split, but won’t be getting leads, will you still come out ahead? What about the added costs of new collateral, business cards, signs, websites, transaction coordination, E & O Insurance, office support, mentor/coaching, etc.
4. PERSONAL FACTORS – It’s even easier to play the blame game/victim when it comes to facing personal shortcomings (weak interpersonal skills, poor lead generation, poor time management, etc.). Don’t expect a change in brokerage affiliations to remedy issues that require introspection and personal growth.
5. FIVE YEARS FROM NOW – Finally, don’t limit your thinking to today’s realities. Where is this brokerage heading? What is the leadership’s vision and how well do their goals align with yours? Ideally, you want to tackle your decision with foresight and planning, so your real estate home feels like home for many years to come!
Change can be good, especially if it leads to interesting and fulfilling growth opportunities. On the flip side, a switch in brokerage affiliation may be a waste of time and money. Most often, bad reasons for changing firms involve some type of myopia – a failure to step back and objectively take in the whole picture.
PARTNER MEETING THIS WEDNESDAY!
FOR EVERY AGENT & STAFF
Please meet us in the upstairs Training Room from 11:15 AM – 1:00 PM on May 17th.
Lunch is provided!
PASSIVE INCOME…DO YOU GET IT?
THIS THURSDAY WITH DEE DEE TROSCLAIR @1PM!
|MORE UPCOMING TRAINING OPPORTUNITIES & EVENTS:
Thursday, May 18th ~ 9:00 – 12:00 NOON ~ Tech and Agent Orientation*
*Join Sarah and Rosemary for tech tips and an overview of Policies & Procedures. Not just for new agents.
Thursday, May 18th ~ 10:00 – 10:30 AM ~ Single Property Websites ~ Movement Mortgage
Thursday, May 18th ~ 1:30 – 3:00 PM ~ Become A Placester Pro ~ Sarah Bordelon
ALWAYS CHECK THE INTRANET TRAINING CALENDAR FOR LAST MINUTE CHANGES!
CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR NEWEST CAPPERS!